Week 1: SOLD OUT
Week 2: SOLD OUT
Week 3: SOLD OUT
Week 4: SOLD OUT
Week 5: SOLD OUT
Join HCCC this summer for week-long, in-person Craft Camps for ages 5 – 9. HCCC has implemented COVID-19 safety guidelines to help protect the health and well-being of campers, teachers, and staff, including the requirement for all to wear masks, submit to temperature scans, and socially distance (see full list of safety guidelines below). Camp capacity is limited to a maximum of 12 kids per session.
This year, campers will explore various materials and processes in contemporary craft, including projects in our Craft Garden. Kids will practice critical thinking skills through conversations in the galleries with teaching artists and learn how to look and talk about works of art. Through individual and group projects, they will investigate materials such as clay, fiber, and metal.
Campers will begin the week by making their own sketchbooks and exploring our resident artist’s studios. Projects include jewelry making, natural fabric dyeing, and polymer-clay miniatures. Camps are designed to encourage creativity, experimentation, and self-expression, while introducing various craft techniques. Each day includes time in the galleries, an hour lunch break, and hands-on studio projects.
- Craft Camp begins promptly at 9:00 AM and ends at 2:00 PM. Drop off begins at 8:30 AM; pick-up ends at 2:30 PM.
- Campers must pack a nut-free lunch and snack to eat during the supervised lunch.
- All materials and supplies are included in the camp registration.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
The health and well-being of our campers, teachers, and staff is our highest priority. The following measures will be implemented to help ensure individual safety, based on health and safety guidelines:
- All campers, teachers, and HCCC staff must wear a mask at all times.
- HCCC highly encourages all campers to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All campers, teachers, and staff will be required to have their temperatures scanned upon entry. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be asked to submit to additional temperature scans and will not be allowed to enter and may return only with a doctor’s release.
- Camps will have a reduced capacity by 62% (maximum of 12 campers per session).
- Campers, teachers, and staff will practice safe social distancing in the galleries and classroom by remaining six feet apart.
- Each camper will be assigned their own workspace, and campers will not share and/or touch one another’s materials and supplies.
- Camp classroom and other high-touch areas (bathrooms, door handles, etc.) will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized multiple times each day.
- Lunch will be eaten outside or, in the case of inclement weather, in a well-ventilated space.
- All students, staff, and faculty must use hand sanitizer upon entering the building, and hand-sanitizing stations will be provided in the camp classroom.
- Drop-off/pick-up procedures will be adjusted to avoid groups in close proximity to one another.
Non-Member Fee: $300 (per child, per session)
HCCC Member Fee: $260 (per child, per session)
Become a member here.
- Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for each camp session closes at 11 PM on the Thursday before the session starts. If your preferred camp session is sold out, email email@example.com to be put on the waitlist.
- Registration is only available online. For technical help, please contact the Education Department at 713-529-4848 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Craft Camp is designed for children ages 5 – 9 at the start of camp; children ages 4 and under will not be admitted.
HCCC is committed to making our programs accessible to everyone, regardless of economic means, background, or artistic experience. HCCC now offers two full scholarships per camp session.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out and submit the online application below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. All applications are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, April 1, 2022. We will notify all scholarship recipients of their placements on Friday, April 15, 2022. Upon receiving notification that you have been awarded a scholarship, you will have two weeks to accept the scholarship and register for camp. If you do not do so, your spot will be awarded to someone on the waiting list.
Camp sessions are subject to change or cancellation due to low enrollment or current COVID-19 conditions. You will be notified fourteen (14) days in advance if your camp session is cancelled. Should you need to cancel your reservation up to fourteen (14) days before your camp date starts, you will receive a full refund. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to camp start date. Please notify us immediately of any cancellations so that a child on our waiting list can attend camp.