Week 1: June 5 – 9
Week 2: June 12 – 16
Week 3: July 10 – 14
Week 4: July 17 – 21
Join HCCC this summer for week-long Craft Camps for ages 5 – 9. This year, campers will explore various materials and processes in contemporary craft, including projects in our Craft Garden. Kids will practice critical thinking skills through conversations in the galleries with teaching artists and learn how to look and talk about works of art. Through individual and group projects, they will investigate materials such as clay, fiber, and metal. Camp capacity is limited to a maximum of 15 kids per session.
Campers will begin the week by making their own sketchbooks and exploring our resident artist studios. Projects include jewelry making, natural fabric dyeing, and polymer-clay miniatures. Camps are designed to encourage creativity, experimentation, and self-expression, while introducing various craft techniques. Each day includes time in the galleries, an hour lunch break, and hands-on studio projects.
- Craft Camp begins promptly at 9:00 AM and ends at 2:00 PM. Drop off begins at 8:30 AM; pick-up ends at 2:30 PM.
- Campers must pack a nut-free lunch and snack to eat during the supervised lunch.
- All materials and supplies are included in the camp registration.
- A Craft Camp t-shirt is included in the camp registration fee and must be worn each day of camp. Sizes are Youth XS (2-4), S (6-8), M (10-12), L (14-16), and Adult S, M, and L.
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7 AT 10 AM
Non-Member Fee: $325 (per child, per session)
HCCC Member Fee: $275 (per child, per session)
Become a member here.
- Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for each camp session closes at 11 PM on the Thursday before the session starts. If your preferred camp session is sold out, email email@example.com to be put on the waitlist.
- Registration is only available online. For technical help, please contact the Education Department at 713-529-4848 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Craft Camp is designed for children ages 5 – 9 at the start of camp; children ages 4 and under will not be admitted.
HCCC is committed to making our programs accessible to everyone, regardless of economic means, background, or artistic experience. HCCC now offers two full scholarships per camp session.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out and submit the online application below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. All applications are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, April 7, 2023. HCCC Education Staff will conduct phone discussions with applicants and will notify all scholarship recipients of their placements on Friday, May 5, 2023. Upon receiving notification that you have been awarded a scholarship, you will have two weeks to accept the scholarship and register for camp. If you do not do so, your spot will be awarded to someone on the waiting list.
Camp sessions are subject to cancellation or change due to low enrollment. You will be notified fourteen (14) days in advance if your camp session is canceled. Should you need to cancel your reservation up to fourteen (14) days before your camp date starts, you will receive a full refund. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to camp start date. Please notify us immediately of any cancellations so that a child on our waiting list can attend camp.